Friday, January 5, 2024

ryan fitzpatrick: My New Work

from Report from the Reimer Society, Vol. 1 No. 1

 

after Nikki Reimer

 

Sincerity requires sarcasm.

You know, for clout.

And, hey, I’d like to know what’s inside the cardboard horse too!

Oil to the left of us, oil to the right of us.

Listen, Fitzpatrick! I’m trying to be a person rather than that “Oh No” internet comic strip.

Institutional cuts for institutional ruts.

Just a mid-afternoon nap of a neighbourhood.

Social Costco.

Eat all this beef for some gender euphoria.

I muted the word “men” on Twitter about a month ago.

Defamiliarization for the people.

Malls before swine.

Just what this town needs: a Zeller’s Boutique Pop-Up.

I set out to throw my landlord in the ocean and all I got was this stupid inflation spike.

“Galen Weston should be shot in the street” is not a thing I believe *wink*.

Institutional buts? Butts?

Pose poetry.

More like, the open-faced sandwich of contemporary writing.

Welcome to Sprawl City.

When you’re joking, but also.

 

 

 

 

ryan fitzpatrick is the author of four books of poetry, including the recent Sunny Ways (Invisible, 2023) and Coast Mountain Foot (Talonbooks, 2021). His first non-fiction book Ace Theory, a book-length essay in fragments about asexuality, will be published by Book*Hug Press in 2025.

most popular posts